Tap dance is a timeless art that combines dance and percussion and has tremendous audience appeal to all ages. Tap dancers explore the two traditions of rhythm tap (hoofing) and Broadway (Fosse) tap. Classes begin with warm up exercises in the center that increase control, coordination, and rhythm, followed by across the floor exercises that teach dynamics, shading, phrasing, and musicality, concluding with extended rhythmic phrases and improvisation exercises. Emphasis on a strong core, coordination, musicality and performance and showmanship are goals for our tap program.
Ballet/Tap – age 5-7
Tap 1 – age 5-7
- How do I need to wear my hair?
- Hair needs to be pulled up off the face and neck and must be out of your eyes.
- Short hair: Clipped away from the face.
- Long hair: Hair must be pulled back and worn up off the neck.
- Footwear: Style #S0301L Bloch’s Jazz Tap, Black
Any tap shoes that you already have are fine to start with. If you are buying new tap shoes, buy black and ask your teacher which style is best for you